Parables of the Lost Sheep and Lost Coin
Jesus tells two stories, called parables, to teach a deeper truth. In one, a shepherd loses his sheep and goes to find it. In the other, a woman loses her coin and searches until she finds it. Jesus told these stories to show that Jesus looks for us.
Scripture: Luke 15:1-10
Songs of the week:
- “You Forgive Me” music video (watch or download here)
- “Light of the World” music video (watch or download here)
- “You, You, You” music video (watch or download here)
Lesson take-home activity
- Here’s an activity your kid can do throughout the week—over dinner or in the car.
- Downloadable PDF
- Family Discussion
- Tell about something you’d hate to lose, and why.
Talk-about video: For you to start a conversation with your kid on this week activity…
Digging Into the Life of Jesus. Copyright © Group Publishing, Inc. Permission to reproduce granted for local church use.