The Plot to Kill Jesus
The religious leaders are plotting to kill Jesus. One of Jesus’ 12 disciples, Judas, finds the religious leaders and offers to help them. They offer him money to help them arrest Jesus, and Judas agrees. Jesus knows what it’s like to be hurt by a friend.
Scripture: Mark 12:41-44; Luke 21:1-4
Songs of the week:
- “Do Lord” (watch or download here)
- “I Am” (watch or download here)
- “There’s Power in the Blood” (watch or download here)
Lesson take-home activity
- Here’s an activity your kid can do throughout the week—over dinner or in the car.
- Downloadable PDF
- Family Together Time: Use this fun game to get your kids talking about their struggles in friendships.
- Have everybody draw or write about mean things friends have done to them.
- As you write or draw, talk to each other about what you’re putting on your paper.
- Ask your kids follow-up questions, and avoid judgmental statements.
- Crumple all the papers and throw them at a target, such as a door or window.
- Talk about how it feels to be the target of mean words or actions, especially from friends.
- Remind your kids that Jesus knows what it’s like to be a target.
- Encourage your kids to keep talking to you and God as they face challenges in friendship.
- Remind your kids that home is a safe place to share.
- Family Discussion
- What’s the meanest thing a friend could do to you?
Talk-about video: For you to start a conversation with your kid on this week activity…
Digging Into the Life of Jesus. Copyright © Group Publishing, Inc. Permission to reproduce granted for local church use.