Mission: The purpose of the Children’s library is to make available Christian books and materials that will help our children discover, and experience, and live out God’s grace.
- To encourage children to engage with Christian resources
- To nurture the lifelong habit of good reading and healthy reading
- Do I need a library card to borrow books?
Yes. Your library card is needed in order to borrow our library materials.
- Who can obtain a library card?
Membership is free and available to all who attend Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) regularly.
- How do I get a library card?
Please contact email@example.com for instructions or obtain a registration form at the children centre.
- I lost my card. Can I get a new one?
Yes. A small fee of $2 will be charged.
- Is there an age restriction to obtain a library card?
No. The library is open to anyone that attends Logos Baptist Church (Milliken) regularly; however, this library was created for children so most of the resources are for young readers and preteens.
- How do I obtain a library account?
When you register for a library card, you will receive an email with your username, email, and a temporary password.
- Where is my library account?
You can go to http://www.logoskids.ca to log in into your account.
- How do I check my e-mail?
You can go to http://mail.logosbaptist.net to check your email.
- How many books can I borrow?
You are allowed to borrow a maximum of 3 books at any given Time.
- How long can I borrow books for?
You have two weeks. You are allow to renew for two times provided that there are no holds on the books.
- Can I take out items without my card?
Yes. You can use your eLibrary card.
- How do I renew a book?
You must bring your library card and the name of the book to the circulation desk to renew.
- What happens if my book is overdue?
There is no penalty for returning books late but you are not allowed to borrow a new book until you have returned your overdue book.
If books are not returned after four weeks overdue, books will be considered as lost books. You are asked to take the necessary action to replace the book.
Damage or Lost books
- What happens if I lose a book?
You are asked to take the necessary action to replace the book. You can provide us with another copy of the book or money.
- What happens if I damage a book?
Please talk to the librarian to see if the book can be repaired. If the book is completely damaged, you are responsible to replace the book. This can be done by providing us with another copy or with money.
Books on Hold
- Can I put a book on hold?
Yes. You can log in into your account and place a hold on a book.
When the book is ready for pick-up, you will receive an e-mail.
Borrower needs to pick up the book within two weeks of the hold request.