Hiring position: Pastor for the English Ministry
As a pastor for the English congregation, he or she will work with the other pastors and lay-leaders as a team to minister to the English Congregation and serve the church as a whole. The roles and responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Pastor of the English-speaking congregation, of primarily Asian origin, with age range from University students to adults.
- Mentor leaders of the English Ministry and lead congregation by example.
- Serves in the pulpit, Sunday school, and other areas as needed.
- Provide counseling care, visitation and support to congregation as required.
- Be involved and contribute to the development of the English Ministry and Youth Ministry’s vision and direction;
- Develop training resources to support the English Ministry;
- Provide support and supervise Youth Ministry pastor.
- Work with senior pastor, pastors and other lay-leaders of the church as a team in supporting other church ministries.
- A born again Christian, professes the same faith and theological view of the Baptists.
- Clarity in the calling to full time pastoral ministry.
- Graduate of Master of Divinity from a recognized Theological Seminary.
- Minimum 3 years pastoral experience, preferably in North American churches.
- Gifted in preaching, initiative and caring with a pastoral heart.
- Fluent in English, knowledge in Cantonese or Mandarin an asset.
- A team player, who can work with other pastors for ministry alignment and for church unity
Interested parties please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.