Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
You are welcome to attend our worship today. If this is your first time at Logos, please visit our Welcome Table and kindly sign our guest book.
Next Week’s EM/YM Joint Worship Arrangement :
- Worship Speaker : Deacon Ellick Wu
- Welcome Team: EM
- Passage for Message: Hebrews 5:11-14
EM / YM Annual Winter Retreat “Go Fish” — will be held on Feb. 22nd to 24th (Friday–Sunday) in Fair Havens. EM/YM will still have Sunday Service in the gym on Feb. 24th starting at 11:30 am.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30PM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
- We had collected 353 valid ballots last Sunday, and 97.45% were in favour of accepting Rev. Fred Chiu as our Mandarin Congregation Lead Pastor starting July 2019.
- Town Hall Meeting — to be scheduled on March 3rd, 2019 from 3 to 5 pm where the Deacon Board will share with members the responses gathered on the topic of Deacon Board Structure and Function. Our founding pastor Rev. Peter Mah and Deacon Timothy Yeung will share with members the original intent of the Deacon Board bylaws. There will be Q&A afterwards. Members are encouraged to attend.
- Deacon Board Meeting — to be held on Mar. 10th 1 pm in room A08, all deacons are required to attend.
Church Koinonia Camp 2019
The camp will be running for 6 weeks from July 8th to August 16th. Children Track is for children JK to Grade 4 and Leadership Track will be for students from Grade 5 to Grade 8. The cost will be $170 per week for 1 or 2 weeks, $150 per week for 3 or more weeks, and $750 for the entire 6 weeks. Registration starts today in the Children Centre. For more information, please see Pastor Angelina, Pastor Mike or the Church website for more details.
Baptism – EM/YM will be having their Good Friday Baptismal Service on April 19th. If you believe it’s time for you to be baptized or have any question about it, please contact Rev. George Mah or Pastor Mike Wong.
Missions and Evangelism
- Tax Clinic — the church will have a free personal income tax clinic (some conditions apply) on Sat. March 16th from 10 am to 1 pm. Please call 905-305-6467 x221 for details and booking an appointment.
- We are recruiting volunteered Certified Professional Accountants (CPA) or CPA students who are familiar with the preparation of personal income tax returns, to help prepare income tax returns in our annual tax clinic. We are also looking for brothers and sisters to help at the reception table. Please contact Pastor Kelvin Fung for more information or to volunteer.
News from Finance
- Offering reports for the whole year of 2018 and January 2019 are now posted on the bulletin board outside the main office. Please check your records for reconciliation.
- Tax receipts for 2018 tithes and offerings will be available today , 17th and 24th. Please pick up at 10:30 – 11:15 AM and 12:45 – 1:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
- Sunday School — a new season of Sunday School starts on March 3rd, courses on “Alpha Film Series” and “Christian Apologetic/Ethics” are offered in this term. You are encouraged to attend one of them.
- Sunday Shuttle Bus Service for Seniors — If brothers and sisters require this service, you can get more detailed information from the reception desk.
- A Friendly and Warm Reminder — It’s really cold these days, please take good care of yourself and your family. If you are suffering from sickness or coughing, please request a facial mask from ushers as sharing sickness is not caring.
- Church Office — Our Church Office will close on Mon. Feb. 18th for the Family Day Holiday.
- News & Announcements February 17, 2019
- News & Announcements February 10, 2019
- News & Announcements February 3, 2019
- News & Announcements January 27, 2019
- News & Announcements January 20, 2019
- News & Announcements January 13, 2019
- News & Announcements January 6, 2019
- News & Announcements December 30, 2018
- News & Announcements December 23, 2018
- News & Announcements December 9, 2018